Who am I? I am many things but first and foremost, I am the wife of Keith and the mother of two little boys, Harley and Levi. I am also a WAHM, an avid reader, experimental cook, self-confessed geek, couch potato, Facebook addict, digital scrapbooker and of course, a blogger.

A new plan

Wednesday 22 July 2009

Levi & I visited the Child Health Nurse today and I told her all about his crappy sleep routine at night and we've come up with a new plan that I'm going to try effective tonight.

Currently, he's going to sleep around 4:30/5pm and sleeping for around 3-4 hours before waking for another feed around 8:30/9pm and then going back to sleep again and waking for another feed around 1/2am. It's after this feed that everything heads downhill. After I put him back down after this feed, he's waking every hour or so because he's already had the bulk of his sleep - don't worry about Mum's rest!

So... this is the new plan. Let him go to sleep when he wants in the afternoon (4:30/5pm usually) but wake him after an hour or so for a feed of solids (just farex with a little pureed fruit in it) around the same time I'd give Harley his dinner. After this feed, give him a shower/bath, have a little play and put him back down around 7:30/8pm after a breastfeed. By waking him earlier than he would usually sleep until, we're hoping to change the bulk of his sleep to overnight instead of the afternoon and half the night. If he wakes around 10/10:30pm, I'll offer him a dreamfeed but if he doesn't, so be it! If I can get him to sleep from 8pm until around 5am, I'll be one happy Mummy. Of course, I don't expect this to be a walk in the park either!

Wish me luck. ;)

0 comments:

Bookmark and Share