Who am I? I am many things but first and foremost, I am the wife of Keith and the mother of two little boys, Harley and Levi. I am also a WAHM, an avid reader, experimental cook, self-confessed geek, couch potato, Facebook addict, digital scrapbooker and of course, a blogger.

RECIPE: Quick & Easy Salmon Bake

Tuesday 12 January 2010

QUICK & EASY SALMON BAKE
INGREDIENTS
3 large potatoes, washed, peeled and diced
1 415gm can of salmon*
1 large onion, peeled and diced
1 cup grated cheese
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup tomato sauce (or about 3-4 good squirts of the bottle)
salt and pepper (optional)
* NOTE: Most canned salmon comes with bones and even they are entirely edible, I can't stand then so I sift through the salmon and remove any bones I can find (or crush them up until you can't see them)

METHOD
1. Boil the potatoes and onion in one saucepan until potato is soft. Mash together well adding milk/butter if desired.
2. Mix the salmon together with the potato/onion mash, cheese and tomato sauce, add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Spread mixture evenly into a baking dish and sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top of the mixture (evenly).
4. Bake in a moderate oven for 25-30 minutes or until breadcrumbs start going brown (You're not cooking it, just heating through the salmon and melting the cheese.)
5. Enjoy on it's own or with a nice salad.

0 comments:

Bookmark and Share